frontpage hit counter

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Living the Honest Life

Life in our capitalism driven world is difficult. Though we dismiss money as being one of our very top concerns, the bottom line is that making money is our top priority. We live in a dog eat dog world where we must take advantage of every opportunities as they present themselves. However, what if it could profit from a large group of 20 friends for $5 each due to an honest mistake? Would you be the one to announce the mistake, or secretly wait and hope that nobody finds out to pocket a small $100 profit for yourself at the cost of others?

I found myself in that situation where deep down, I really wanted just to keep the extra money. After all, it was not me who made the price calculation mistake, so why should I be concerned or even bothered by it. So I asked myself how would real world US companies handle miscalculated prices in their favor? Would they keep the money for themselves or actually tell their clients that a mistake has been made? I don't actually know the answer to that, but it is my belief that money is evil. Money issues can break all sorts of relationships whether it be a corporate deal or a friendship. I decided that I should just be honest and set the right example, even if nobody notices. Because I noticed, and that is all that really matters at the end of the day. Knowing I did the honest thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home