frontpage hit counter

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Selfishness

For small group last night, we had an off-night and decided to go to Boomers for a bit of laser tag and the batting cages. Laser tag was awesome, though I felt as if my gun was not working. But anyhow, my score at the end was zero. Batting cages on the other hand were crazy. If I did bad in laser tag, then I must have failed at the batting cages. I must have got 3 or 4 hits of 25 pitches in the first round. Utterly disgraceful. I wanted to redeem msyelf the next time around. So I ask for advice, swing the bat around a bit hoping to get the "right form."

Out of nowhere, a father and his little son asks us for extra tokens because his son wanted to hit, but the machines were closed for the night. Unfortunately, the person who had all the tokens was currently batting. But in my pocket, I was sweaty hands were gripping my one last token. The token I would use to redeem myself. Due to my selfishness, I couldn't give up the last token. Afterwards, I felt so bad. As if I should have just given it to the little boy without hesitation. This feeling stuck with me even till this morning.

So that was one incident that happened, but humans all have selfish desires. And so the question I ask myself is: Do similar occurences of selfishness occur in other aspects of my life that I might not notice right away? Now ask yourself that same question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home