frontpage hit counter

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Dallas Mavericks vs Miami Heat

Never in my life have I ever followed basketball more consecutively on television than this year. One of the main reasons for this sudden basketball fever is that the Dallas Mavericks have advanced to the playoffs, and have actually won enough games to advance to the finals. For some odd reason, I am naturally drawn to the teams in Dallas let it be the Dallas Stars for hockey, Dallas Cowboys for football, or the Dallas Mavericks now in basketball. And after watching now a countless number of games, many of the superstar names on Dallas have stuck in my mind. Obviously the most famous is Dirk Nowitzki. A giant monster with a shot from the outside! He straight up looks like a monster! As the finals series begins this Thursday (June 8th, 2006), I'm ready to see how Nowitzki stacks up against the all famous Shaquille O'Neal. I have not yet heard much about how is expected to win, but I am holding high expectations for Dallas! Maybe I can finally say that I'm a Mavericks fan!

Thanks to those who over the course of this NBA season tried to teach me what basketball was all about. It has also inspired me to get off my lazy couch and try playing (running) a game of basketball instead of doing what I'm best at on Xbox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home