frontpage hit counter

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

From High School, To College

From personal experience, I hated my high school experience. I felt as if I didn't have that many friends, and found myself saying to myself, "I'm unpopular!", "I'm by myself all the time", "Nobody likes me!", "I'm a loser!", "I'm a loner!", "I have no friends!", "I'm a failure". I was often times demoralized to even begin to want to fix my social life. But once I hit college, everything changed for the better! I realized that those who were cool in high school are forgotten about. Life start had started over and I was given a second chance.

I joined clubs, went to church, and chilled with new found friends more. I've started to understand the idea of building a strong community of friends who are like brothers. Forget those superficial friends! Life starts over in college! My advice for incoming freshmen to college is to join a club. Heck! Join two or three! The more the better. Without a doubt joining clubs take away from precious "study" time, but education is only one half of the college experience. The other half involves building friendships that will last a lifetime. Friends who you can share your problems to, friends who know your every thought, and even friends who you will eventually for a study group with. And in college, there is a club for every possible thing. In the off chance that there is not an interesting club, form one! Take a leap out of your comfort zone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home