frontpage hit counter

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

My Wartime Dream

Just recently, I found out that one of my roommates enlisted as a Marine was called to begin training to head out to Iraq. Since, there has not been any major change in the way I see him. I certainly don't feel much different other than the fact I'm deeply sorry he's going to have to leave. But about a half hour ago, I had one of the most vivid dreams ever. Not to mention I actually remembered the scene.

What I saw was a Iraqi plane suicide crash right into the likes of a tank. As the tank attempted to manuever out of the path of the plane, it was clear that the tank was doomed. I saw men being jumping out of the top hatch of the tank, but it was too late. One of the tank drivers rolled across the tank. Suddenly, the tank began to drop and the area around the tank became a sinkhole similar to quicksand. Despite the danger, other marines were jumping on the tank desperately hoping to save the tank driver. That's when I woke up.

Usually, I would have forgotten the dream, but just the fact that now my roommate has to go to Iraq as a truck driver made the situtation more fearful. Perhaps I don't show change emotionally on the surface, but deep down, I'm more worried about my roommate than even I myself realize. This war that President Bush has gotten America into, and his lack of a exit strategy has disappointed me. My roommate is the first person I know personally headed to Iraq. It's scarier than it seems. I'll pray daily for his safety. I want him to come home.

For those of you with friends or family out in Iraq, may they return safely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home