frontpage hit counter

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Unkind Words

If you would look behind the smile you’d see they have a need.
They hurt alone in silence when unkind words are said.
They pray for those who hurt them every time they bow their head.
You’ll never see their suffering because they continue to smile.
All alone they cry the tears that’s hidden behind the smile.
You’ll never know the tears hidden behind the smile.
You won’t know another’s pain until you’ve walked with them a while.
Don’t ever be deceived by the smile they always make.
You’ll only know their hurt when the tears run down their face.
- Mary E. Rogers

Read this quote off a friend's profile today and realized I may be one of the people that cause this type of pain in some people. I spin worthless jokes around in circles in hopes of making people laugh. I like seeing people laugh. Seeing people happy. But sometimes I cross too far. Are they really laughing with me out of joy? Or is their laughter out of pain? Human nature is impossible to dissect. Everyone is different. Therefore, I believe the safest route is avoid jokes that may offend people. I know I'm not the only person with this problem, and if anyone has any other bright ideas on how to deal with this, just let me know. Really, the goal of my jokes are not to offend people. I just feel really bad now. I guess there are more personality issues I still need to deal with.

"Opportunities to be kind are never hard to find."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home