frontpage hit counter

Monday, August 07, 2006

Health Nuts

Now that college is over, I have more time to do activities I really want to do. One important activity includes learning to cook healthy food and to avoid purchasing fast food for every meal. I am slowly beginning to understand how my health is more important than education. If I spend the past four years of my life studiously behind a book, and dedicate only little time for consuming healthy food, I may spend the rest of my life trying to repair the damages of eating unhealthy food. But this makes me wonder why I did not realize this as a freshman at UCI. The bottom line is that I just did not have the facts. I was not interested! As part of my curriculum, I took a health class to satisfy the breadth requirement. I realized that Bio 9a (Nutritional Science) was the class that I absorbed the most useful information that will directly impact my life the most. Did you know that your bones will stop increasing their stores of calcium in your mid 20s? After that, it remains steady before it begins to deteriorate. But why am I learning this helpful information when I'm 22? I strongly believe that students should be taught more about their health at a younger age. This way, kids will understand to avoid bad foods like soda, chips, candy, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home