frontpage hit counter

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Advice on Waking Up in the Morning

Ever since the start of college career, waking up in the morning has become a major challenge. In High School, six hours of sleep was more than sufficient. Now only a few years later, the minimum six hours has been raised to seven or eight hours. Though this may not seem like much of a difference, it makes a difference with busy schedules. If you're habitually late because of difficulties waking up, there are a few techniques that can help.

By far the most effective method of waking up is leaving the blinds open a bit to allow light into the room in the morning. If possible, position the blinds so that the light will shine around your face only during your desired wake up call. Once that bright warm sun begins shining on my face, it’s nearly impossible to sleep.

Another method is to position the alarm clock as far away from the bed as possible. Preferably somewhere that would force me to get out of bed. This only increases my odds of getting up and not returning back to sleep. Instead of merely swinging my arm, I have to force my body out of bed, walk over, and then swing the arm.

The last method I use is to keep my glasses close to me. Once that first alarm goes off, I put on my glasses even if I plan on falling back asleep. This way, the next time my alarm clock rings, instead of waking to a dreamlike blurry state, I'll be able to see clearly.

There are just some of the methods that I have used in the past that have significantly helped me wake up. Some may help you, some may not. But it by no means hurts to give them a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home